Please ensure you read and understand the following terms & conditions.
Payment of deposit constitutes acceptance of these terms & conditions which cannot be altered without request made to Alpine Valley Getaways via email or in writing. Please ensure you read all information forwarded with booking confirmation to your nominated email address.
1. Bookings are not considered confirmed until a 50% deposit has been received via :
· Direct deposit – Details for bank deposit will be forwarded to guests upon acceptance of booking.
· Credit card – Payment is accepted by Visa or Mastercard. Details can be issued via email or phone and will be protected and held in the strictest confidence. Although the greatest care is taken, AVA takes no responsibility for acquisition of these details via email.
· Cheque – Cheque is only accepted as a payment method if cheque is cleared at least 21 days prior to arrival. Cheque is not an accepted form of payment for finalisation of booking.
Upon receiving or processing of deposit a pdf payment confirmation will be sent to the issued email address as confirmation of booking & receipt of payment.
If this confirmation is not received, it is the responsibility of the guest to inform AVG to ensure confirmation of booking & receipt of payment.
2. Deposits are payable within 5 days of booking unless otherwise stipulated in booking confirmation. If guests require amendments to this policy it is their responsibility to contact AVG via email or in writing. Failure to make contact or pay deposit allows AVG the right to re-book the property. In most cases, balance of payment is payable at least 2 days prior to arrival or via credit card on the morning of arrival.
3. Cancellation policies are outlined upon acceptance of booking and are :
We offer a full refund if cancellation is made 30 days or more before the booking date.
If a cancellation is made between 5 - 30 days, you are entitled to a refund if we are able to rebook or you may transfer your booking.
The replacement booking must equate to the same monetary value as the cancelled booking or AVG is entitled to claim 50% of the booking difference per night.
All bookings which require a refund will incur a $15 administration fee
If a cancellation is made 5 days prior to arrival, your deposit is forfeited.
4. The number of occupants shall not exceed the agreed number at time of arrival. Any extra guests than agreed upon at time of booking must be declared at least 5 days prior to arrival, and payment must be made accordingly. If the number of guests exceeds agreed numbers AVG reserves the right to gain immediate possession of the property with no refund.
5. Standard check-in time is 2pm on date of arrival. Check-out time is 10am on date of departure. Late check-out may be arranged subject to availability. AVA reserves the right to cancel late check-outs due to last minute bookings. Failure to depart by 10am without prior arrangement of late check-out will incur a fee of $25 per hour.
6. AVA requires a credit card swipe (if CC details have not been provided prior) as security for damage, excess cleaning costs & extra charges incurred as outlined below. Accommodation is to be left in the condition in which it was found in relation to building, asset, grounds & cleanliness. This includes furniture & fittings being returned their original position. Credit card details will be held and charges will be processed relevant to the incident if :
· Building, asset or grounds are damaged and deemed in need of repair or replacement. If guests believe building, asset or grounds to be damaged upon arrival, it is their responsibility to inform AVA immediately to avoid incurring costs related to this damage. Extra charges may be incurred if moved furniture is not replaced on departure due to the inclusion of extra staff for OH&S reasons.
· Excess cleaning is necessary beyond what would be considered reasonable inclusive of dry cleaning in relation to pet hair, deep cleaning of mattresses & the removal of cigarette smells (all properties are strictly non-smoking).
· Guests fail to depart by 10am on departure date without prior arrangement of late check-out (as outlined in 5).
7. Well behaved pets are permitted only at said ‘pet friendly’ properties and are strictly NOT permitted at any other properties. It is the guest’s responsibility to inform AVA that pets will be in attendance. If guests fail to declare pets, AVG reserves the right to gain immediate possession of the property with no refund. Strict rules apply to all pet friendly properties :
Pets are not permitted to enter the property unattended, wet or dirty.
Pets are strictly prohibited from using beds or furniture. Bedding or mat & equipment is to be provided by owners.
A dry cleaning charge will apply if pet hair needs to be removed from bedding & furniture or is excessive on mats & carpets.
Owners are responsible for removing any mess in gardens upon vacating the property.
Failure to comply with regulations could incur additional charges and may result in eviction from the property with no refund.
9. AVG takes no responsibility for personal property left at the accommodation during or on departure of guest’s stay, however we will endeavour to return items found left on premises.
10. AVG takes no responsibility for bookings taken via phone or internet without prior inspection of the property.
Guests must be aware that as all our properties are in country or bush settings there is always a risk of bugs, spiders, snakes & bats being within the vicinity of the property. Although all care is taken to avoid their entry to the property, and prompt removal will be undertaken, standard cancellation policies will still apply should the guests simply disapprove of bugs & animals.
11. Upon payment of deposit and acceptance of terms & conditions, guests agree to respect the privacy and right to quiet of neighbours and other guests. Guests agree to behave in an orderly conduct and take full responsibility for their actions, behaviour and any incidents which may occur during their stay. AVG takes no responsibility for injury or incident caused by irresponsible or disorderly behaviour or conduct.
12. Guests understand that individual property owners may have their own set of terms & conditions which the guest agrees to abide by or discuss directly with the property owner.
13. All information and photos included in this website were accurate at time of creation. Although care is taken, AVG takes no responsibility for changes to property, pricing or facility which may have occurred. All bookings are made in good faith, AVG takes no responsibility for any issues which may arise directly between guests and property owners.
14. In the event of unforseen situations where a property may be deemed unfit or not available for stay for any reason, AVG reserves the right to find other suitable accommodation for the entirety or remainder of ones stay or offer a full refund.
15. AVG agrees to share guest’s personal information only with the property owner of booked accommodation for the purpose of communication or payment. Guest’s will be notified if their credit card details will be shared with property owners. Personal information being – Name, contact numbers, email addresses, home address, credit card or payment details.